June 19, 2015

Five For Friday: A Little Catch Up

fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb4

I've been a busy girl, and therefore have completely abandoned the blog, the store, and the Facebook page. But, I have some things I hope to be creating and topics I hope to blog about this summer. For this week's linky party, I'll pick a few highlights from the past two weeks!

We had VBS at my church and I led the rising Kindergarten crew. They were so cute! But I don't think I'm cut out to be a PK or K teacher. I only had at most 12 kids, and they exhausted me! These little fellas did a great job of learning new Bible stories and songs. 

Divider-2_thumb3
During the day of VBS week, I packed and cleaned up my house. I moved out that Saturday and spent the next couple of days getting unpacked and moved in to Arman's place. I closed on my place a week later and now I've become obsessed with looking at real estate listings in our desirable neighborhoods here, even though we are not in a big hurry to buy something new!

I'm so excited about the person who is moving into my condo back in Athens: basically she is me. She is a 25 year old (like me when I bought  it) with a twin sister and a "912" phone number! As silly as it sounds, it makes me happy to know my little home is getting a sweet new owner. 

Divider-3_thumb3
We had our first celebrity selfie with comedian Jo Koy!

Divider-4_thumb3
I have never painted pottery before, and I got to paint with some of the ladies of my church. It was super fun and relaxing. I've already figured out what I'll do differently when I do something like this again (which I hope is soon). I can't wait to go pick up the final product!

Divider-5_thumb3
This week I was so happy to spend a few days with my sister. We did all the important things, like: entertaining her toddler Tate, going to Chic Fil A and ordering ice cream, wearing the same outfit for two days, watching RHONY, napping when the toddler napped, and the like. Some of her sweet friends threw a baby sprinkle for the new one (doesn't she look great in this picture?) and she got some precious little girl gifts!


11 comments:

  1. 1) Your VBS kiddos are so cute. Love their little squishy faces. I agree - I can't teach "forever" babies younger than 3rd grade.
    2) I LOVE making pottery. SO FUN! :) It's always so neat to go and pick it up...it's like you impress yourself! haha
    3) Glad I found your blog through Five for Friday. :) It's too cute, and I love your name!

    Lindsay, from Primary Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new place! Moving can be stressful, but it is also fun! I love getting to decorate all over again when we move! :)

    Mallory
    Sprinkles for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mallory! I'm starting to feel settled in, and it is exciting!

      Delete
  3. I have never painted pottery before either! I have always wanted to take an art class like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a busy week! You need the apple light from IKEA. :)
    Mrs.B's Classroom Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a busy week! You need the apple light from IKEA. :)
    Mrs.B's Classroom Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds cute! I will have to investigate...

      Delete
  6. Such an exciting week!! I have always wanted to go to a pottery class! I painted when I was little but I want to go back.
    Magically in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go! It's the perfect relaxing summer activity. Thanks for visiting and commenting!

      Delete