March 13, 2015

Five for Friday




fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching with a Five for Friday post! It's been a low key, Spring Break, kind of week for me. This is my first ever Five for Friday post, but I think I've got it down since I have been stalking all of your teaching blogs for years!

Divider 1

First and most importantly, I'm engaged! Arman (the love of my life) popped the question at the State Botanical Gardens of Georgia. Following that, my family was back at my house to surprise me and congratulate us-complete with champagne and some cute cookies brought by my sister. We decided to go back to the gardens with my sister and her DSLR in tow to get some reenactment shots. Everything was perfect. I am beyond happy and so lucky. 


Divider 2
We started our March Friends Narrative Writing project right before Spring Break. The kids had so much fun with their puppets and comic strips! I know that when they write their actual pieces next week, they will be ready to use dialogue and try out some quotation marks. Grab it here. In fact, both of my March products and a few others are on sale this weekend!


Divider 3

I (and my fiance and my dad) have been hard at work doing some updates on my place. We beat the rain to get my patio spruced up for Spring! I can't wait to spend some time out here once the good weather returns. 

Divider 4

I spent a few days of Spring Break with my sweet nephew! I got to baby sit him while my sister was at work. Here, he is getting a Science lesson while we were on a pre-nap walk. 



Divider 5



 

The only work I did on blogging or my store this week was to plug my Free Sample on TPT. Click on the picture above to read my post about how I have used this unit in my own classroom. My store is barely a month old, so help support me! Download, provide feedback, and peruse my store if you have some time this weekend. 


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting engaged! That's so exciting! How fun that you went back and got some photos too! I was proposed to in a national park in a secluded spot that was special to us so no photos, but really special memories! Your patio is adorable. Glad to meet you!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being engaged! That is so sweet that all of your family was in on it and back at the house to celebrate. I LOVE that yall did some reenactment shots. :) Let the wedding planning commence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's a good thing that the 4th quarter of school is here. I'll be able to do some major wedding planning and prepping this summer! Glad to meet you!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your engagement! That is so exciting! I really loved your March Narrative Writing activity I enjoyed stopping by your blog for the first time! Have a blessed weekend!

    Lawren
    Teaching is a Royal Adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and your sweet words!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting engaged! And I know you had a blast with your nephew. He's so precious!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting engaged! And I know you had a blast with your nephew. He's so precious!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete