April 17, 2016

Starting With the Misconceptions


Today I was gathering my thoughts together for Science. This week's topic is the sun, specifically studying what causes day and night, and what causes our shadows to change throughout the day.

My favorite way to begin planning Science, and to engage students is to discover the misconceptions that they may be bringing to their learning. So as I was thinking and researching, I found this great activity on the web, that asks students to address misconceptions or weak language that is often used when discussing the sun and Earth. I just wanted to share! It could be a fun activity to do for a classroom discussion during Science or even during your Morning Meeting if you are working on group behaviors.

It comes from the Solar Energy Center in Florida.  Click below!
Sun Misconceptions Lesson



No comments:

Post a Comment