July 24, 2015

Moving On In

I've spent the last few days at new teacher orientation. Whew! It's often a lot to take in, but it's been a great experience. I told my fellow new teacher posse at lunch today that I've felt like I'm "drinking the Kool Aid". All I keep hearing is how lucky I am, how lucky they are to have me, how much everyone loves working here, and how exciting the changes in this district have been in the past ten years.

So far I'm loving it. This is a small district within a big city. People know each other. I've spoken with all of the instructional coaches from the other schools and they've learned my name. People who don't live here or don't even have children in school here have met my "I'm going to be working at..." with nods of appreciation and smiles about what is going on here. I can definitely tell it's a special place.

Today I finally got to work in my classroom! I'm so glad! Setting up this classroom is a way to invite myself into the space. There is so much hope and promise despite the fact that there is also so much to do!  

Here's a picture of what I worked on today. It is definitely a work in progress:

I am blessed with huge windows, tons of resources, and a storage closet! Whoo hoo!

I can't wait to keep working and make a place for myself here! 



2 comments:

  1. Good luck getting your classroom ready! I will keep my eye out for future photo updates, it sounds like you're going to be working at a fabulous place!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week and a half later and I'm finally getting around to replying! Thanks for visiting and so far, it is definitely a fabulous place to work!

      Delete