May 29, 2015

Five For Friday: Welcome, Summer!



fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb4

What a fabulous week it has been! Today I am linking up again with Doodlebugs Teaching to share a little bit about my week. Things are kicking into high gear for the beginning of my summer, and I can't wait for what this summer will bring! Click on the icon above to go read some other posts from this Friday link up!

Divider-1_thumb8


On last Friday, my teammates threw a beautiful bridal shower for me. We received our first gifts to help us begin setting up our home together. My Mom was able to come from out of town to attend as well! She enjoyed the shower, and then I put her to work helping me pack up my classroom! This shower was just another reminder of what a beautiful and generous work family I have been blessed to work with for the past 7 years.
  
Divider-2_thumb3


Arman and I visited my sister and her family on Saturday and Sunday of last weekend. We had a fun time hanging out with Tate and baby sitting him while my sister and brother in law ran some errands. He is just a cutie patootie! I worked really hard on getting him to say "Stephie". To no avail. Oh well, maybe by the end of the summer...

Divider-3_thumb3


I've gotten all packed up. And there is so much more to say in regards to this photo that I am just not quite ready to get collected into a coherent blog post. I hope to have some time to reflect very soon!


Divider-4_thumb3


This is my summer reading collection. I visited Barnes & Noble today with some gift cards in hand. I tried to pick a good variety: fantasy, comedy, historical fiction, autobiography, and realistic fiction. Admittedly, I have already read The Good Earth a few times, but I really like it and thought this would be a good summer to do another rereading! I will be starting with The Joy Luck Club today.

Divider-5_thumb3


I have a problem, I know. But I always like to start my summer with some crafting for school: redo lunch choices, repair/redo pencil cups, and other things. This year, I also updated my TEAM sign with some scrapbooking paper that looks a lot better than the paint job I had on there earlier. I give myself a week to work on these types of projects, and that's it until the week before preplanning! Anyways, I was very jealous of the welcome signs and refreshed bulletin boards I saw going up in some of my coworkers' rooms (it's usually ME doing those prep things, too!) on Wednesday, so I was totally motivated to come home and get all this done! 


Have a great weekend, lovely readers!




No comments:

Post a Comment